Thursday, April 17, 2008

Marshmallow Pops


Back at the beginning of March, I didn't pay much attention to Lyndsey's post about Cupcake Pops. Then at the end of March she brought it up again in her Cupcake Pops WHAT post. I followed the link to one of her favorite sites Bakerella and I fell in love with the photo. They looked like mini cupcakes - Adorable. I wanted to try them out and possible serve them at Jessica's birthday party. But I didn't want to go to all the cake baking, since I thought a marshmallow would work just as well. I had SO MUCH fun making these sweeties. I just used marshmallows. I dipped them in melted chocolate chips and cooled. Then I tried to dip them in pink. Oops - the warmth started melting the chocolate too. So I carefully drizzled the pink on top. Then finished them off with sprinkles and Easter jelly beans. My kids LOVED them. I think they are so pretty. I couldn't stop taking their pictures.

11 comments:

  1. Awesome! I will have to copy you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are cute! Anything covered in chocolate is great with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly, girl! how do you think of all this stuff?! YOu are amazing and wonderful. Such a great mother, talented photographer, eloquent writer. Thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came upon your blog through a comment left on another...I know, the random world of blogging, hunh?Anyway, I don't normally click around like that but I am so glad I did tonight as I am planning a cupcake themed party for my daughter's second birthday in July. I saw the same cupcake lollipops on Bakerella but was too scared to even try them, so I deleted the bookmark I had! However, I think I can tackle them now! Thanks so much for sharing! And if you have any more tips, that would be fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. woo hoo thanks for the shout out. and yours came out SO CUTE!!! i love it. maybe i'll try the marshmallow version...especially since yours came out so much better than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, these are definitely an easier way to make those cupcake pops! Very creative! I think I could actually pull it off this way. I am a bit intimidated by the whole cake ball process. Great work. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to use the marshmallows! Certainly less messy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great adaptation... I have a bag of yellow marshmallows the kids chose at the grocery shop... they'd make great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. marshmallows... a genius substitute. well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so proud that I happened upon my creative cousin's blog on Pinterest! way to go! I want to make these for Quinn's cupcake party. So, just melted brown chocolate and then pink candy melts? Or color white almond bark pink? Seems like the pink needs to be thicker somehow to get the right shape.

    ReplyDelete

I can't wait to see what you have to say...